Well...by Friday I was POOPED. ha ha. Adjusting back to working life is tough- the 5:30am wake-ups, the full days of teaching, the lesson planning, the cooking/cleaning etc. On the UPSIDE... it makes the weekends seem THAT much more special! This weekend was busy....so busy that I forgot to take pics of almost everything that I did :/
Here are my WOWs:
1. On Friday night I had a dinner date with my sister, Madeline, and my brother's girlfriend, Victoria! It was SO much fun to debrief our first-week-back's over one of our favourite foods- SUSHI!! Everyone's year is off to a great start which made the conversation lots of fun! :)
2. David and I took apart our bed and moved it to my parents house to store! We have something VERY special arriving soon that you'll have to stay posted to hear more about!! ;) We moved our mattress to the family room and had another "sleepover" so that we could watch a movie before bed. Unfortunately we were both so tired that we turned the TV off and went to sleep before we could decide what movie to watch. LOL.
3. On Saturday I woke up early to go to my FIRST gym appointment. I recently became a member at LA fitness (WOOHOO!!) and every new member must meet with a personal trainer for an assessment/workout! This appointment consisted of a 1+ hour meeting about nutrition, strength training and cardio with a personal trainer....followed by a 40 minute LEG workout. The leg workout was awesome!! I realized (quickly) how unfit I am! HA. And today I'm FEELING the BURN for sure!! They obviously wanted to sell me on personal training (which I kindly tried to explain I was NOT interested in. The reason I joined the gym was to go to classes which are motivating enough for me and already involve a trainer telling you what to do!!). Anyways, the trainer told me to think about it and to come back on Monday for a free UPPER BODY workout with her! I couldn't say no to that!! I'm going to see how long I can keep this going....who knows....maybe I'll score a CORE workout soon too! ;)
4. David and I headed up to the cottage on Saturday evening so that we'd have a bed to sleep on. MAN....it feels SO different at the cottage now that summer has ended! IT'S SO EMPTY around town! My dad, Robert, Victoria, Madeline, David and I went for a bike ride at around 5:30pm and it was BEAUTIFUL! My legs did not appreciate it, but my soul did! It's always great to breathe in the fresh air, to have good conversations AND to get that heart pumping! I love the cottage life!
5. Today I got to teach KidsQuest at church for the first time in about a month!
6. I got to wear my new shoes...and prove David wrong! ha. He swore that I'd NEVER wear them.....so it made wearing my new kicks EXTRA sweet! :)
Hi! I'm Mrs. Julia Dawe,