By Friday I was feeling SO WIPED OUT! Every time there is a shortened school week, I seem to feel MORE exhausted then when I work a full 5 day week. I think it's because I expect the week to feel super short....and they just never do!! So this past week I was really thankful when the weekend arrived!
This weekend boasted SO many WOWS:
1. DAVID and I BOOKED A REALLY EXCITING TRIP (more details to come later...)
2. I went see Cirque De Soleil's Luzia with Jessica on Friday night and it was AMAZING!! Although I'm not really surprised- Cirque never disappoints! The show was SO creative, the costumes were unreal and the performers were extremely talented!! Jessica and I kept saying we'd LOVE to be a part of the next show! ha ha. We'll have to find a talent ASAP! ;)
3. I went to a REALLY great workout class on Saturday! I love that after only one month of doing the class I'm already seeing improvements in my performance!
4. We had a really nice time celebrating Lesley's 29th birthday on Saturday! My MIL (mother-in-law) made a delicious dinner (and my fave chocolate cake!!) and we had lots of fun chatting and watching the Jays game.
5. On Sunday at church ALL of the youth that have been in my mom and dad's programs through the years presented my mom and dad with BEAUTIFUL words of thanks and praise for their dedication, love and hard work!! I know how PASSIONATE my parents are about seeing kids develop real relationships with Christ and I know how much TIME, ENERGY and MONEY they've poured into that passion....so it was really overwhelming (in a good way) to see them recognized for their work! It was also a REALLY good reminder/challenge for me to BE a person who INVESTS in other people!
Here are some pics:
Hi! I'm Mrs. Julia Dawe,