I'm a big BBQ lover. Yes, I like hamburgers, chicken burgers, turkey burgers, hotdogs etc....but MAINLY I love the spread of salads that tend to accompany BBQ food!! Last night we had some friends over for a BBQ dinner and I decided to make my own potato salad as a side. It was quick, easy and delicious....and I loved knowing that I was eating fresh and natural ingredients, not a store-bought salad loaded with extra sodium/preservatives!
What you'll need:
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook for approximately 15 minutes (you want the potatoes to be cooked, but not mushy). Drain and let cool in the fridge.
2. Place eggs in a pot and cover with cool water. Bring water to a boil over medium heat. When the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let the eggs sit for 12 minutes. Rinse eggs in cold water then peel, chop and store in the fridge.
3. Cook bacon over medium heat in a large pan until crispy. Drain, chop and set aside.
4. Chop the potatoes, leaving the skin on and place in a large bowl.
5. Chop celery, onion and add to the bowl
6. Add the eggs and bacon.
7. Add mayonnaise, dill and salt and pepper to taste.
Hi! I'm Mrs. Julia Dawe,