Okay. So we’ve officially reached the most trying time of the year. The weather is so nice that you want to treat yourself to ice cream EVERY. SINGLE. DAY (**confession: David and I went to Chocolats Favoris for ice cream 3 times last weekend) BUT you also know that summer is coming and way too quickly you’re going to be baring it all on the beach next to people who did not eat ice cream EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
UGH why is life so difficult, eh? ;) Why can’t we have it all- the sweet treats and the beach bod?
Well that's where my mind was at when I stumbled upon my new favourite sweet treat... 'NOMZ'!
I first discovered 'NOMZ' on a lunch break at Pusateri’s. The cute packaging caught my attention but it was the impressively short list of ingredients that sealed the deal! NOMZ are organic, gluten free, paleo and vegan snacks that don't have any refined sugar! They are a pit pricey ($5 for a pack of 2 bite-sized snacks) but I’m SO HAPPY that I bit the bullet and bought them (sorry David) because they were SO DELICIOUS!!
Since spending $5 on a snack is not sustainable long term, I decided to go home and experiment with making my own. My version turned out REALLY well- super delicious, all natural and pretty nutritious- the perfect snack to take the edge off of my next ice cream craving, and hopefully yours too! :)
What you'll need:
What to do:
1. Put the nuts and shredded coconut into a food processor and blend until combined.
2. Add the dates, coconut oil, sea salt, vanilla and cocoa powder and blend again until the mixture has a uniform, sticky consistency.
3. Take a second to sample the mixture (obvi) and marvel at how incredibly delicious this concoction is!
4. Scoop the batter using a tablespoon and roll the mixture into balls using the palms of your hands. Then lay the balls on a cookie sheet and place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 1 hour.
5. Remove from the freezer and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks...but I can promise you they wont last that long ;).
Hi! I'm Mrs. Julia Dawe,