Well Easter weekend was not at all what I had anticipated! On Friday night John had an unfortunate accident at Skyzone where he dislocated and snapped a ligament in his ankle while jumping into the 'now-infamous' foam pit. Everything that transpired in the 36ish hours after that moment- the "rescue" from the foam pit, the heavy drugs, the surgery, the post recovery- seem like one big blur! While nothing about the accident was 'fun' (actually I'm still waking up in the night picturing John's nearly un-attached foot), there were moments throughout the weekend where I found myself thinking "WOW! I have LOTS to be thankful for!"
Here are some of them:
1. When the team of paramedics showed up at Skyzone and were INCREDIBLE! They were friendly and calm and made us feel like we could trust them to take good care of John right away. I have a totally new appreciation for people who work in the health care profession- paramedics, nurses, surgeons, physicians- after this weekend!
2. When someone overheard me saying how hungry I was and offered up their McDonalds coupon because they knew it was the only restaurant open! :)
3. When it was raining on Easter and everything felt SO fresh and Spring-like!
4. When I stumbled upon a meme that made me laugh WAY TOO HARD (perhaps it was the lack of sleep this weekend!!)
5. When I showed up at church on Easter Sunday feeling completely exhausted/drained and was met with my incredible, supportive church family! I'm SO THANKFUL for them!!
I hope your weekends were full of lots of EOM's too! :)
Hi! I'm Mrs. Julia Dawe,