One of the rooms I was MOST excited to decorate in our new house was our bedroom. David's old bedding was......boy-esque (picture blue and green plaid) and so a BED overhaul was the first project in our bedroom. David was concerned that I would turn the bedroom into a girl's oasis (pink, purple, diamonds etc.) so he was REALLY relieved when we found some awesome bedding at The Bay that was cute and modern without being super feminine. We're both in love with our new bed! :)
Next, we added a ceiling fan to our room. THIS WAS KEY!! We quickly realized that 2 people in a double bed is tight and HOT. Our ceiling fan has been a life saver...especially in the 30+ degree weather we've been having! We shopped around at Home Depot, Canadian Tire and Lowes for ceiling fans and we found that Lowes had the BEST selection of really reasonably priced fans.
Finally, I turned my attention to ART above our bed. I knew that we needed SOMETHING to fill the space, but wasn't sure exactly what I wanted. Some options we considered are pictured below:
BUT THEN.....I stumbled upon THIS bedding!
While it's a little 'much' for BEDDING for my taste, I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE IDEA so I decided to steal the concept for my bedroom art!
After a few trips to Michaels (for frames, Sharpie markers and a roll of white paper) THIS is the result:
Since moving into our townhouse, I've been no a search for 'wow' bowls. I like the idea of having a eclectic collection of different cute/pretty/funky bowls to put things like keys, jewellery and decorative pieces in. I've found it to be quite a fruitless search SO I decided to make my OWN glitter bowl and I'm REALLY happy with how it turned out!
Here's what you'll need:
Here's what to do:
1. Blow up a balloon and rest the blown up balloon on a bowl
2. In the second bowl mix 1/2 cup of glitter with an equal amount of glue (you might have to make more)
3. Brush the glitter/glue mixture onto the top of the balloon
4. Wait overnight and then repeat 2 or 3 times
5. POP the balloon
6. Enjoy your WOW bowl! :)
Okay this is literally the easiest, most delicious meal EVER!! I made this for dinner last Thursday and David is still talking about it (so ladies, it's a WINNER!!). The BEST part? It only requires 1 casserole dish and 4 ingredients to make!
What you'll need:
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Put RICE in bottom of casserole dish
3. Place chicken breasts on top of the rice
4. Put the mushroom soup on top of the chicken
5. Pour the onion soup mix on top of the mushroom soup and mix in.
6. Pour water over the chicken/soup/rice mixture until it is covered (approximately 2 cups)
7. Cover the dish and bake in the oven at 350 for 1.5hours
Hi! I'm Mrs. Julia Dawe,