The other night when I was scouring Pinterest to find some dinner inspiration, I stumbled upon the most incredible sounding Butternut Squash, Kale and Goat Cheese Quiche recipe that I just could not help but ‘PIN’ for later. I’m not typically a quiche enthusiast- I don’t think I’ve ever ordered it at a restaurant- but for some reason the goat cheese and butternut squash variety was speaking to me that night. The first time I made this quiche it was SUCH a huge hit that I've already made it again twice!
What you’ll need:
What to do:
2. While the pie crusts are cooking spiralize the butternut squash. I did not have a spiralizer, so I used my food processor and pulsed the squash until it was cut up into tiny pieces (but not mushy).
3. Heat some oil and garlic in a frying pan for 1 minute then add the squash and cook until the squash is soft (8 minutes)
4. In a separate bowl beat together eggs, milk, sage, salt and pepper
5. Cover the bottom of the pie shells with the butternut squash then add half the goat cheese on top of the squash (in blobs is fine)
6. Pile the spinach/kale on top of the goat cheese
7. Pour the egg mixture on top of the squash/goat cheese and add the kale on top.
8. Bake for 45-50minutes or until the egg is cooked
9. MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm! ENJOY!!
***SIDE NOTE: If you have a picky husband like mine who doesn't like goat cheese (SHAMEEEE!! I know!!) then just replace the goat cheese with a different type! I used marble cheese when making David's quiche and he loved it! :)
Hi! I'm Mrs. Julia Dawe,