This year I celebrated Family Day weekend by inviting the best group of girls over for a DIY sleepover party! We traded in the typical ‘girls night’ essentials- nail polish, hair straighteners and chick flicks- for power tools and messy buns and had so much fun creating beautiful mason jar organizers! Honestly the project ended up being slightly more challenging and time consuming than we had anticipated (HA). But, with a little muscle and a lot of perseverance everyone ended up taking home a decorative piece that they were proud of and excited to find a place for in their own home!
If you’re looking for a fun and challenging (but not impossible) DIY, I’d highly recommend this mason jar project!
What you’ll need:
What to do:
2. Stain your wood. Choose any colour and apply as many coats as you’d like!
3. While the stain is drying, put on “This Is Us” (because seriously…who doesn’t love a good cry while crafting ;)?!?) and start to adjust the size of your hose clamps so that they fit loosely around the lip of your mason jars.
4. Decide where you’d like to place your mason jars on the piece of wood. How far apart will the jars be? How low will the jars hang from the top of the wood? Remember that the screw will be drilled into the hose clamp so mark the wood where you want the hose clamp to be!
5. When the stain has dried (or is nearly dry), use a drill to screw the hose clamps into the wood.
6. When you’ve drilled all of the hose clamps into place, put the mason jars into the hose clamps and tighten the hose clamps around the lip of the mason jars.
7. Sign the back of your wood so that you'll ALWAYS remember the incredible team that helped you successfully complete your DIY! *Note: this step is optional ;)
8. Fill your jars with whatever the heck you want! I’m going to fill mine with succulents or herbs, but other girls decided to fill theirs with bathroom essentials- Q Tips, make-up brushes etc.
Let me know what DIY's YOU'VE tried!! :)
Hi! I'm Mrs. Julia Dawe,